Electronic Travel Authority - Subclass 601
If you want to visit Australia and have the right passport, you’re in luck! These are the easiest visas to apply for, with no application fee and most visas granted within minutes or hours.
Both types of visa allow you to stay in Australia for up to three months at a time, at any point in the 12 months after visa grant. In other words, you will need to leave Australia every three months but can return immediately if you wish, and you can do this as many times as you like during the 12 months after your visa is granted.
You will not be allowed to work on this visa and you are also not allowed to study for longer than 3 months.
People with passports from the following countries may be eligible for an eVisitor visa:
|United Kingdom (UK citizens only)
People with passports from the following countries may be eligible for an ETA visa (bolded are not eligible for eVisitor):
|Republic of Korea
|United Kingdom (UK citizen OR British National Overseas)
|United States of America
|Hong Kong SAR
Common problems for applicants
- Electronic visitor visas come with a no work condition so you are not allowed to undertake any paid work while in Australia
- If you stay longer than 3 months without leaving the country, your visa will expire and you will be unlawful
- You need to meet the health requirement (link). You may be required to undergo a health assessment prior to coming to Australia if you indicate you have a health condition while applying for the visa.
- If you have already spent considerable time in Australia recently, have a criminal conviction or a negative immigration history, your visa may take longer to process and may not be granted
- Always be aware of your current visa’s expiry date and conditions. Letting a visa expire without applying for a new one can have severe consequences, even if you try to apply the next day.
GEM Services can help
Unsure you qualify for an ETA or eVisitor? Want more information about conditions or further pathways to the country? Contact us on 051 6121705 to schedule a consult today.
ETA & evisitor visa applicant FAQ
You must be outside Australia to apply for this visa.
You must be outside Australia to receive this visa
All family members must apply for their own separate ETA or eVisitor visas.
This visa does not allow for waiver of the health requirement.
This is a temporary visa that allows you to enter Australia multiple times within 12 months of grant, but you may only stay for 3 months on each entry.
|Length of stay:
Up to a year