Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) New Zealand Stream
This is a permanent visa for eligible New Zealand citizens who have demonstrated commitment and contribution to Australia. New Zealand citizens who are granted this permanent visa will be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship after 12 months (in addition to holding a Special Category visa for a period of five consecutive years).
There is no
- Age limit
- English language testing
- Skills assessment
- Points test
- or sponsorship by an employer
Visa eligibility criteria
- Be holding a Special Category (subclass 444) visa
- Have resided in Australia for at least the last 5 years
- Have started living in Australia on or before 19 February 2016
- Have the taxable income at or above the income threshold for at least 3 of the last 5 income years prior to lodging an application.
- Compliance with health and character requirements
Skilled independent visa applicant FAQ
Permanent visa permitting the holder to travel to and enter Australia for 5 years from the date of grant.
|Length of stay:
From AUD 4,115