Significant Business History Stream - Subclass 132
Do you come from a family of highly successful business owners and managers? Do you hope to immigrate to Australia so that you can contribute your skills there? If so, this visa might be the best option for you.
Nomination by a state or territory is necessary for all subclass 132 visas, but nomination rules vary by jurisdiction.
Subclass 132 visas follow the same procedure as General Skilled Migration program visas in that an Expression of Interest must be submitted through Skill Select. Contrarily, the points exam is not necessary to obtain this visa.
Methods for applying to Subclass 132
- Take an English proficiency exam if you must.
- Subclass 132 nomination applications must be submitted to Australian states and territories.
- Submit an Expression of Interest to SkillSelect if your nomination is accepted.
- Get a call saying you’ve been selected to apply.
- To apply, please respond within 60 days of invitation.
Requirements for obtaining a Visa Subclass 132
Significant business experience is one of the primary requirements for a subclass 132 visa in the important business history stream.
- One of Australia’s states or territories has chosen you for this honour.
- Neither you nor your partner/spouse has a record of engaging in commercial or investing activities that would be considered illegal in Australia.
- You are under 55 years old unless the state or territory that nominated you believes that your proposed commercial activity would have a significant economic benefit to that location.
- Your professional life as a whole has been fruitful for you.
- At the time of your invitation to apply, you had a stake in a business that generated at least AU$3,000,000 in yearly revenue for at least two of the previous four fiscal years.
- You and your partner have accumulated at least AU$400,000 in business net assets.
- You and your spouse/partner have liquid assets totaling at least AU$1 500,000 that can be invested in an Australian company.
- You and your partner can legally transfer your assets to Australia within two years of receiving your visa.
- You intend to engage in business activities in Australia and continue to own and operate a business there.
- By usual standards of health and morality.
Cancellation of Subclass 132 Flights: Potential Risks
Subclass 132 visas are meant to be permanent, but all too often, they are revoked after only two years, causing a significant hardship for families who must uproot and move.
Because the primary visa holder must demonstrate a good faith effort to actively pursue business opportunities in Australia during the validity length of the visa, which is typically 2 years. Your visa, as well as that of your family members, may be revoked if you are unable to provide evidence that this has been done.
Some suggestions to help you prevent having your reservation canceled:
- If you are not 100% sure that you can relocate your firm to Australia within two years, you should not apply for a category 132 visa. The Immigration Office will not accept the justification that you had to stay outside of Australia to take care of business.
- You don’t have to be an expert at running an enterprise in Australia to qualify, but you do need to demonstrate that you gave it your all. Thus, it is imperative that you maintain all papers and records of correspondence with prospective business partners.
- The majority of your time and energy should be devoted to your Australian business activities, however, you are free to maintain some involvement with international ventures.
- People who try to start an Australian business at the last minute, such as after being told their visa may be canceled, tend to get a negative reception from the Immigration Department.
- While there is no set requirement for how much time you must spend in Australia, it could be interpreted as a lack of commitment to the local economy if you spend the vast majority of your time elsewhere.
It's possible with Gem services
Understanding which visa option is appropriate for your situation when migrating to Australia on business is a complex task. When it comes to business visas, our experienced migration advisers are well-versed in the intricacies of selecting the optimal Australian visa for each individual client.
|Length of stay:
From AUD 7,855