Employer Sponsored Visa
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme- Subclass 187
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa, subclass 187, grants indefinite leave to remain in a country. Under the program, businesses can sponsor employees to relocate to regional Australia for employment. To qualify for this visa, you must have worked for your employer in the Designated Regional Area Postcode for at least three years while holding a subclass 457 or TSS visa.
Regional Sponsored Migration Program, Subclass 187, Direct Entry Stream
November 16, 2019, the 187 Direct Entry stream is closed to new applicants. After the creation of the Regional (Provisional) Visa for Skilled Workers with Sponsorship from an Employer, this became a reality (subclass 494).
To learn more about the Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 494), please see our dedicated webpage here or call us at 08 6161 9239.
Temporary Residence Transition stream
In this category, the Temporary Residence Transition Stream is the primary route.
Several requirements must be met for a nomination to be accepted under the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
- Documentation showing the nominated business is legitimately open for business in Australia.
- Have worked for that employer on subclass 457 or TSS visa (bridging visa A, B, or C) in a recognized regional area for at least three years, unless an exemption applies.
- Applicants typically need to be younger than 45 years old. Candidates beyond the age of 45 may be eligible for special consideration.
- The applicant’s nomination by an Australian employer has been authorized at least six months before the visa application is submitted.
- As defined by the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO), you possess the necessary qualifications and abilities for your chosen profession. For the nomination to be valid, the candidate must apply for a job in an ANZSCO category.
- Assessment of one’s competence level is obligatory in some industries and jurisdictions.
- Proof of having studied for at least five years at a secondary or higher education institution where all instruction was delivered in English; otherwise, a score of 6 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or an equivalent.
- Attain the required level of health (including family members).
- Assume an appropriate moral standing (including family members).
Several requirements must be met for a nomination to be accepted into the direct admission stream of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme.
- The nominated business must prove that it is legitimately doing business in Australia.
- Providing evidence that the position is full-time and guaranteed to last for at least two years, with possible extensions beyond that
- Offering assurances to Australia’s Immigration Department that the nominee will be treated no worse than the sponsor’s Australian workers
Nominations are only accepted for positions in ANZSCO (link to ANZSCO) skill levels 1, 2, or 3.
The company must meet no training standards to nominate someone, in contrast to the subclass 186 requirements (link to ENS page).
Common problems for applicants and sponsors
We have found the following to be the most common stumbling blocks for those seeking to immigrate to Australia via the Employer Nomination Scheme:
- If you want your nomination to be considered, be sure to select the appropriate profession. You cannot alter your mind about the nominated occupation once the application has been submitted; it may determine whether or not your visa application is approved.
- Suppose you have not met the English proficiency requirements within the past three years. In that case, you should take an English proficiency exam as soon as possible after deciding to apply for a visa through the Employer Nomination Scheme.
- Keep in mind the terms and circumstances of your current visa if you wish to apply from within Australia. The repercussions of letting access expire without using for a new one are severe, even if you apply for a new visa the very next day.
- To qualify for a subclass 187 visa, applicants must promise to be continuously employed by their sponsoring company for at least two years. To prepare for one of these visas, you must plan to stay with your current employer for at least two years, even though it is a permanent visa. The holder of a Subclass 187 visa risks having their status revoked if they change jobs during the first two years of being issued the visa.
To guarantee that your visa application is submitted before your current visa expires, Gem Services will help you determine the appropriate nominated occupation, recommend an appropriate English language test, and keep you updated on the status of your visa application.
Subclass 187 direct entry applicant FAQ
Applications from both inside and outside Australia will be accepted.
The visa can be obtained either before entering Australia or after entering Australia.
Families with minor children and spouses/de facto partners are included. Your adult children must rely on you for financial support.
Unfortunately, the health criterion cannot be waived for this visa.
This visa is valid indefinitely and has a five-year validity period for travel. If you leave Australia for more than five years and then wish to return, you’ll need to apply for a resident return visa.
|Length of stay:
From AUD 4,115